Sunday, February 13, 2011

Winter is soooooo slow.......waiting impatiently for spring!

I don't snow ski, sled, snowmobile, so I hate snow.  Can't wait for it to be gone along with the cold temps we've been having.  The sun is out today and the air is warmer than it has been in a while so I know warmer weather will be coming, but when I say winter is long here.....so is spring.


Its been a while since I posted and have to say not much has been happening on the renovation.  I am the holdup though and its because I need to nail down what kind of tile I want for the bath and the kitchen. The old mosaic tile had been removed from the bath long ago, but when we gutted the bathroom and took out the tub (the original beige tub had been replaced with one that looked kind of green...), we found some of the old tile underneath the edge.  I was pretty psyched about that because I want to find the same tile to put back there.  That is the problem.  I can match all the colors except the "makeup" beige color that ties in with the toilet, sink and tub.  Yes, I was able to find a tub at a local Reuse store that matched the toilet and sink! So, the search is on for "makeup" beige tiles in 1" x 1" and 1" x 2".  I used the Mosaic Design Tool on Daltile's website using the Block Random canvas and Keystone & Keystone shapes tiles.  I came pretty close (see below), but still missing the beige (I substituted "Luminary Gold").  So my tile guy told me if I could find the 1" x 1" tiles in beige, he would tear out tiles from the sheets I buy and add the beige tile in.  Gotta love Tony - he's my tile guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment