Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Flooring, flooring and flooring revisited...

Had to tear out the kitchen subfloor I paid to have put in last fall....the contractor used OSB, not plywood which is what I wanted.  Another pile for another dumpster??

So, my son and brother had it out in about an hour and a half.  We were back to the original sub-subfloor - again.  2 steps forward and 1 back?  I was getting very discouraged.
My son and his cousin then put in a plywood subfloor and they did an awesome job!  That is exactly what I was looking for.
Now it was ready for tile.  I had to wait a few weeks for that to happen, but today it went in!  I absolutely LOVE the way it looks.  Very pretty.  I never thought I'd go for white, but this tile (Fritztile Vibrant Pearl in Winter White) reminded me of the original linoleum my parents put in.  That had confetti in it and this has real iridescent shells.  When they catch the light they are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment